Our Code of Conduct Policy
The United Muslim Community (UMC) is open to everyone. We are committed to providing a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for all, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, or religious status. This code of conduct outlines our expectations for participant behaviour as well as the consequences for unacceptable behaviour.
We invite all participants to help us make The United Muslim Community (UMC) a safe and positive experience for everyone.
We expect all event participants to abide by this code of conduct at all venues and related social events.
All decisions about appropriate or inappropriate behaviour are at the sole discretion of the event organisers.
- Be considerate and respectful.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behaviour and speech.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow attendees. Alert event organisers if you notice a dangerous situation or someone in distress.
- Unacceptable behaviour includes: intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory, or demeaning conduct by any attendees of The United Muslim Community and related events like the post networking dinner parties.
- Harassment includes: offensive verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, disability; inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces; deliberate intimidation, stalking or following; harassing photography or recording; sustained disruption of talks or other events; inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention.
- Abuse includes: physical, written, verbal or other abuse, intimidation, threats, annoyance, harassment, stalking, pushing, shoving or use of any physical force whatsoever against any person, which in any way creates a disturbance that is disruptive or dangerous, or creates anxiety in a person.
- Possession of any item that can be used as a weapon and may cause danger to others.
- Any boisterous, lewd or offensive behaviour or language, including but not limited to using sexually explicit or offensive language, materials or conduct, or any language, behaviour or content that contains profanity, obscene gestures, or racial, religious, gender, or ethnic slurs.
- Drinking alcohol.
- Possession or use of any illegal substance. The United Muslim Community does not tolerate the use or abuse of illegal substances.
- Smoking is not permitted other than in designated areas outside the venue.
- Assembling for the purpose of, or resulting in, disturbing the peace, or committing any unlawful act or engaging in any offensive behaviour.
- Failure to obey any rules or regulations of our Venues.
Consequences of Unacceptable Behaviour
- Unacceptable behaviour will not be tolerated.
- Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behaviour is expected to comply immediately.
- If a participant engages in unacceptable behaviour, the event organisers may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from all our events without warning or refund.
What to Do If You Witness or Are a Victim of Unacceptable Behaviour
- If you are subjected to unacceptable behaviour, notice that someone else is being subjected to unacceptable behaviour, or have any other concerns during the event, please notify a member of The United Muslim Community Team as soon as possible. All reports will remain completely confidential.
- The United Muslim Community team will be available to help participants contact venue security or local law enforcement, or to otherwise assist those experiencing unacceptable behaviour to feel safe for the duration of the events. You can report unacceptable behaviour to any member of the Team or you may email the event directors Taqweem Rasheed/ Suraiya Rasheed, contact details below.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Taqweem Rasheed – email@example.com
Suraiya Rasheed – Suraiya.firstname.lastname@example.org
N.B The United Muslim Community consists of the following groups: Muslim Professionals London, Halal Food Club, London Muslim Community, Marry Muslim and United Muslim Community.
Contact and Connect
Tel: 0782 446 7360